Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My 22nd Birthday Celebration

21th august 2013

Happy Birthday to me :D Geez, I’m 22 years old now, feels like I’m getting older but this is where my life actually begins. Yesterday’s celebration was indeed a grand one, the one which I never expect to happen to me. Had our show at 8.00pm, then right after the last routine of the show, me and my partner took a bow, was about the leave the stage. Out of sudden, the hall was filled with the song of ‘Happy Birthday’. I was literally shocked and happy at the same time because they remembered my birthday. Then, the audiences were clapping and singing along the song. When I turned my head to the right side, I saw the cruise staffs slowly approaching the stage and they were holding a Balloon Flower on their hand. Slowly one by one, they passed me the flowers and each gave me a hug. I almost shed tears of joy and then, here comes the cruise director, Myla, and my Taiwanese friends walking towards the stage with a cake. I swear I cried in my heart, I can feel the water on my eyes starting to overflow. With the music and stage spotlights filled the stage, I suddenly felt I’m important (hahaha) and this reminds me that they actually do appreciate my presence. Right after the music, my partner step in front and gave his words of appreciation to me. I can’t remember the exact words because I still can’t believe what’s happening but it goes like this:
‘He used to be my student, learning the basic of magic, followed and travelled with me to many places, helps me in my shows. From student become an assistant, and now he become a magician himself and performing with me in the same stage. From student to assistant to best friend’.

In my whole 22 years of living, this was my first time celebrating my birthday away from my family, my girlfriend, my country friends and the place where I grew up and yet this was my grandest, best, awesome birthday celebration ever. Until now, I still can’t believe that all this actually happened on me. I want to thank Myla, the cruise director; because she took the effort and time to prepare this for me eventhough she’s busy with the new schedule. I want to thank all the cruise staff that took the effort to make the Balloon Flowers for me and to be part of this celebration. I want to thank my Taiwanese friends, Louis, Gina, Michelle and Joseph for they are the one who carefully carry out the plans, make sure I’m not aware of this plan and surprise me with this celebration.


 I think I have to thank them separately because Joseph and Michelle have to rush and buy a cake for me when we were at the port. Its kinda hard for them because they’re on duty and I was sitting together with them. Louis and Gina smartly distracted my attention so that Joseph and Michelle have the opportunity to sneak away! Smart asses, hahaha! Apart from that, I want to thank my partner, Zlwin Chew, for he was the mastermind behind all this, quietly plan all this behind me and yet we sleep together every night! Magician huh hahaha! Thank you bro for planning this celebration eventhough you’re busy with working and personal schedule, and yet you still find the time and effort to give me this wonderful celebration which I will never forget. Thank you bro! Last but not least, I want to thank my girlfriend because she kept herself awake until 12.00am just to wish me a very long sweet happy birthday and sang me a happy birthday song too! You’re so sweet baby and we will meet again after 12 more days, I love you baby! Thank you God for everything that you gave me, eventhough I’m not worthy but still, you love me and care for me. Thank you God. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment